Message from the KPTC Executive regarding stage1 of re-opening the club
Date: Tuesday May 19th 2020 -11:00am opening
We hope all of you have remained safe during this difficult pandemic time.
As you may have heard, the province of Ontario has announced a framework for reopening Ontario. Stage 1 of the framework includes allowing sports activity for individual/single competitors including low-contact racquet sports. As such, we have decided to make KPTC courts available in accordance with the provincial guidelines as of Tuesday May, 19th 2020
Consistent with the provincial guidelines, the KPTC courts will be opened under the following set of restrictions:
– Only “singles” play is allowed (only 2 players per court)
– Please practice social distancing at all times (at least 2 meters apart)
– The clubhouse will be locked with no entry until further notice. Please be aware that the washroom and lights are not available at this time.
– You must bring your own ball, and leave with your own ball (please do NOT leave them at the courts). We recommend players use separate balls.
– Sanitation supplies will NOT be provided. Therefore, we recommend you bring your own personal supplies as needed
– If all courts are in use, please wait in your cars, or away from the courts until one becomes available
– Do not linger at the club – once your match is over, please leave the facility so others have a chance to enjoy the court
– We recommend players refer to Tennis Canada’s tips and recommendations for players
In addition, you are not permitted to use the Courts if you have:
- Exhibited any coronavirus symptoms, such as a fever, cough, difficulty breathing or other symptoms identified by health experts
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
The above restrictions are aimed toward ensuring the health and safety of all our members
While this unfortunately places some restrictions on our play and use of facilities, we consider it to be imprudent to be seen as operating with less caution and consideration for safety than the industry standard. We all hope that the transition toward the full enjoyment of our club will be swift, but we have no means of predicting the timetable in advance. We are devoted to offering you a complete member experience as soon as it is safe to do so. It should also be known that in crafting these policies, the confidence and trust that we have in our membership was a common theme.
This is unfortunately not “paddle as usual” but reflects the mutual respect that we have for each other and for the health and safety of fellow members. Paddle will be different, and so you will need to familiarize yourself will all aspects of this protocol.
Please follow and respect these rules, and kindly respect our other members as well. The city of Toronto will have officers patrolling the entire Tom Riley park area. Anyone not following the city’s rules and regulations regarding social distancing, gatherings, etc are subject to $1000.00 fines.
We know this all sound a little harsh, but this is all within accordance of Provincial guidelines in keeping everyone safe.
Your KPTC Executives
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!